Saturday, November 9, 2013

Author Spotlight- Brooke Page



        Bio:

Brooke Page is a newly Independent author of Conklin’s Blueprints. She and her husband live with their two children in the suburbs of Grand Rapids, Michigan. When she is not writing or spending time with her beloved family, she enjoys using the pottery wheel and reading. For more projects and insights on upcoming books and events, please visit Brooke Page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/authorbrookepage), and follow her on Twitter, (BrookePage05). Brooke Page would also love to hear from you via her email address if you have any questions or comments about her books, authorbrookepage@gmail.com.


Author Spotlight
1.      When did you first begin to write?
I started writing at a very young age.  I always kept a journal and would write songs.  I had notebooks of notebooks filled with all kinds of random thoughts, I even had a few stories about boy band members (Haha…I err…can’t believe I just admitted that)!  I actually burned a lot of them when I was in high school because I was embarrassed.  I regret that big time now.  I didn’t start writing for fun again until Tyler and Becca’s story overwhelmed my brain, which was this past January.
2.      Why do you write?
Writing is the only way I can clear my thoughts.  Sometimes my brain goes into overdrive and I can’t focus on anything, and once I start writing everything starts to smooth out.  Plus it’s the perfect therapy.  Writing Conklin’s Blueprints has helped me greatly mentally.
3.      What was the inspiration behind your book?
 I think it originated from a dream I had.  In the book the main character has a moment where she finds herself and totally lays into everyone who took advantage of her.  I do that a lot in my dreams and worry they were real!   And of course my muse J He is always my hero.
4.      Where do you write?
I typically write in bed once my kids go to sleep.  My wonderful husband puts up with my typing until the wee hours in the morning and my side lamp.  Sometimes I will set up shop on my kitchen table, and other times at my gym.  I will work out for an hour then go write in the lobby while my daughter is in the daycare.
5.      Who is your writing inspiration?
My husband, hands down. 
6.      What inspires you while you’re writing?
Sometimes I listen to music.  All summer I listened to Christmas music because I was writing a story that takes place around Christmas time.  My husband thought I was crazy.
7.      Where do you see yourself in five years with your writing?
Hopefully STILL writing!  I have tons of ideas in my head that I cannot wait to get out of my system.  I hear about how authors get burned out and I don’t want that to happen to me at all!  I am really excited about the book idea I have in my head after the Conklin’s Blueprints trilogy.
8.      If you could co-write with anyone, who would it be?
Co-writing would be hard.  But I would say the all-star romance writer E.L. James…I could use some advice on my intimate scenes.  And she is pretty freaking awesome!  Jamie McGuire would be second in line, I adore her as well!


Guest Post:

 
Hello!!  My name is Brooke Page!(*waves*)  besides making up total swoon worthy book boyfriends (cough cough~Tyler Conklin~Cough cough).  Curious who Tyler Conklin is?  Don't fret!  My Facebook page is having a contest to pick out a pretty face to match the stunning alpha male from my debut novel, Conklin's Blueprints, and you can help!  Go ahead, I know you like to look at pretty faces!!  www.facebook.com/authorbrookepage is where the party's at!
  Thank you to Book  Obsession Reviews for letting me stop in and say hello!   For more about me and my crazy self check out my spotlight on these ladies blogs!  😘

No comments:

Post a Comment