Sunday, January 5, 2014

Author Spotlight: Kellee Gilmore



BIO: 
Kellee A. Gilmore was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois where she currently resides with her husband and two sons. As a young girl, Kellee was captivated by horror movies and R.L. Stine novels. Her love of books began at a very early age thanks to the children’s book clubs her mother enrolled her in every year. Whenever the briefcase shaped boxes that contained her new books arrived at her doorstep, she opened them immediately filled with joy and anticipation. 

Kellee’s love of books naturally shaped her passion for writing. She has been creating short stories and poems since the age of eleven. Although she’s written romance stories and dabbled in fan fiction, her favorite genre to both read and write is paranormal romance. At the age of thirty-one, she began writing her first paranormal romance novel, embarking on the journey of living out her dream.






Author Spotlight!!
1.     What was the first book you ever wrote? What was the inspiration behind it
Mahogany Sin was the first book I wrote and completed. It began as a dream about my main male character, Edric.  I can’t remember the details of the dream but Edric stuck with me. I thought about him for weeks and finally began to write his story through the eyes of his love.
2.     When did you first realize that you could write?
I didn’t realize I had a writing talent until I started writing fan fiction and posting my story on the fan fiction websites. I was about 28 years old. The positive reaction I received from the readers was unexpected and eye-opening.  I’ve always written stories and poems but it was just a creative outlet for me. I had no intention on publishing until Mahogany Sin was born.
3.     What do you do in your spare time when you’re not writing?
I read, play with my two sons, and watch my favorite television shows. I’ve recently discovered my crafty side and have been making bracelets. The process is sort of therapeutic for me.
4.     Do you have a writing food or drink that you always have to have in times of work?
I don’t always have to have it when I’m writing, but I do find that wine helps my writing flow better when I’m stuck.
5.     What or who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my children. If it weren’t for them I doubt I would have ever published Mahogany Sin. I was very scared to put my work out there and have it subject to others’ criticisms. I went through with it because I couldn’t tell my children to always go after their dreams if I let fear stop me from going after my own.
6.     Where do you see yourself five years down the road?
In five years, I hope to have at least four more books published and a solid fan base. If I were to really dream big, I’d say Mahogany Sin would be earning millions at the box office.
7.     What are five fun facts about yourself?
I love to cook
I’m an only child
I love to sing
I didn’t start driving until the age of 30.
I wish I was a stay at home mom so I could write more.

8.     What is your process of writing?
I have to think about the story for a good week before I can write anything down. I write down all the big moments I want to happen in the book and then fill everything in as I write. I don’t really have a strict writing schedule; I just write when the mood strikes.
9.     What is your biggest accomplishment with writing?
My biggest accomplishment was the moment I hit the publish button for Mahogany Sin. It took me years to get to that point. I was so proud of myself for pushing through and completing the book.
10.       If you could cowrite with anyone, who would it be?
I do have a project in the very beginning stages with an author friend of mine. She’s extremely talented and I can’t wait to see how this project turns out. I won’t say her name just yet but, know that it will be epic!
I would have loved to write something with the late L.A. Banks. I absolutely adore her Vampire Huntress series. She’s my favorite author on the planet. She created characters anyone could fall in love with. I can only hope my writing will inspire someone else the way hers inspired me.
11.      What inspires you while you’re writing?
 My characters inspire me. The stories that are created when I’m writing are amazing to me. I don’t know where some of this stuff comes from. My imagination goes wild when I have a pen and paper. It’s awesome.  

                           TEASERS:



Check out more from Kellee on her author page. Link below!!!
https://www.facebook.com/KelleeAGilmore
And buy her book here: 



http://www.amazon.com/Mahogany-Sin-Valerie-Chambers-ebook/dp/B00E3KPJ2W/

We look forward to seeing more from her!!! Don't forget to check her out, she's amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment